Sunday, October 18, 2009

Happy Birthdy to me!

Well, my birthday was over two weeks ago but I think it's still worth blogging about. Joseph made the day so fun for me. He surprised me with breakfast from Einstein Bagels, well parts were from Einstein Bagels, anyway which I had totally been craving for weeks. He made his incredible egg sandwiches and bought me some orange juice (which is like gold to me... I love it, but I always seem to talk myself out of buying it since it's a luxury not a necessity and I'm trying to stick to the grocery budget). It was heavenly. Later, we headed to the park for a picnic lunch and a leisure game of Frisbee, which was perfect since Phoenix decided to only get into the low 80's for the first time since we've lived here. Then it was off to the movie theater for Fame. After that, Joseph made one of my favorite childhood dishes for dinner - heavenly hamburger. If you don't know what it is, you're missing out, because it really is heavenly. Yum... I get happy just thinking about it. :) Joseph tricked me into thinking there wouldn't be any birthday candles because he didn't get a birthday cake, but he got something better. He got me a strawberry rhubarb pie from Village Inn. Talk about delicious. I had probably been craving that longer than the Einstein Bagels. It was oh so delicious, and such a wonderful way to end my very happy birthday! Oh and not only did Joseph do all of the cooking that day, but also all of the dishes. My hero. Thanks, Honey!


My mom also came out the next weekend to take me to Time out for Women to celebrate my birthday. It was so much fun. I had never been before, and I loved it. It is just a time out from real life to get some spiritual rejuvenation. If you ever get the chance, I highly suggest going. It was so much fun to spend that time with my mom. I don't get to see her as much as I would like to... not living in the same state does that I guess. Thanks for the gift, mom... you are the best!

1 comment:

Simpson Family said...

Laura!! I am so sad I missed your birthday! I made a mental note that it was coming up.....we see how well those mental notes work :) Anyway, hope it was a great day!