Thursday, September 10, 2009

Catch up

I just thought I'd catch up on our August happenings. I took a trip up to Utah for my sister's graduation ceremony (she's officially graduating in December but walked in August). I flew up there on a Wednesday, helped her pack and clean up her apartment on Thursday and attended her graduation ceremony Friday. Packing and cleaning overflowed into Friday and Saturday, and it made me remember how happy I am that I don't have to move every 4-8 months anymore... the packing and deep cleaning stinks! (My parents came up for the ceremony too, and my brother and his wife moved to Provo that week so we got to spend lots of family time together. We had lots of good food and lots of fun. It's always so great when we all get together.)

The cute little graduate.

Saturday my sister and I took off on our road trip to California. We stopped to stay the night with family along the way, which was so much fun, and drove the rest of the way Sunday.

Yay for graduating and yay for sisters!

The whole family (almost). First time together since the wedding.

Road tripping!

That Sunday I got to see my dear friend Kellie. She was one of my bridesmaids and I haven't seen her since my wedding day. She was one of my very best friends in high school and it was so great to get together and catch up. Then, Monday morning Sarah and I headed off to San Diego to stay with family down at Pacific Beach; possibly my favorite place in the world. It was a short stay, I was there for about 24 hours. I enjoyed being cold for a little while (I don't think I used a jacket the whole summer until then) and it was so nice to just relax on the beach a little. Unfortunately, Joseph had to stay in Phoenix and work, but such is life I guess.

This is Kellie, in case you haven't guessed. She's one of the best people in the world in my opinion.

Sarah and me at the beach! It was overcast that last morning, but still wonderful.
Trust me, I'm happier here than I look. :)

Since then we've just been hanging out and enjoying life. I got a new calling to serve in Young Women as the Mia Maid adviser. I've never had a calling like this before, but I'm excited for it. It's also fun because Joseph is over the same age group of the Young Men, so we get to see each other a little while we serve.

9 comments:

Laura said...

How fun! Glad you got to see so many friends and family members. It's funny that you and Joseph have those callings, Brett and I had the exact same ones in our old ward. Mia Maids and Teachers. It was a ton of fun for us, hope you guys enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

It was so nice to get the update! Sounds like you are doing great! We miss you!

Amy said...

What a fun trip. I can't believe how grown up Sarah is. You two are so cute.

dkwalkerfam said...

I can't believe how much you and your sister look alike...Crazy! I had to take a good 3 looks before i realized it wasn't you. Anyways it looks like you had a good time.

The Fifes said...

holy COW, she looks so much like you. I thought it was a picture of you graduating from something a while ago or something. Two cute ladies. Glad you had a fun trip! And amen about the whole moving and cleaning thing.

Rachel said...

I m so happy to say my blog reader is fianlly picking you up again! Who knows why??? You and your sis could be TWINS! We thought it was you in the graduation hat!

Simpson Family said...

Laura!
Looks like you had a blast...i missed you each morning, but somehow I survived! loved the update :)

Greg and Tammy said...

What a fun trip!!! Good luck with the young women! I'm sure they love you and your darling personality!

Jayne said...

what a nice trip for you to be with all the family.

you are the world's best helper!