Sunday, March 23, 2008

It's a Boy!!!

.No, this cute boy is not ours. We were honored this weekend with the opportunity to babysit for some of our friends in the ward. This boy is a true crier. Laura was able to appease him for awhile with some crackers, but once his appetite was satiated...good night quietness! Once Laura had enough I stepped up to the plate. I walked into the batters box armed with "Finding Nemo", and hit a grand slam. Within three minutes the boy was hypnotized by the bright colors and talking fishes. Laura expressed concern that perhaps his parents would not approve of television being used as a control agent for their infant boy. I was just pleased to be able to hear myself think.

While Laura and I are looking forward to the day when we will have our own kids, we are learning more every day to appreciate the time we are being blessed with to be by ourselves.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Ah yes, enjoy the quiet! And sleep a lot. Because there are years coming in your not too distant future when sleep will seem like the most valueable thing in the world. Oh, miss it!