Sunday, November 22, 2009

It's a...

Joseph and I have been thinking about names a little bit since we found out I was pregnant, but we mostly just thought of girl names we both liked. We were struggling with agreeing on boy names and decided we might as well just wait until we know what the gender of our little peanut really was. Well, on Friday Joseph and I went to the doctor for an ultrasound and found out we are having a little boy! The nurse said that's pretty much a guarantee if you only have girl names you like. So, we're back to the drawing board for that, but we really could not be happier. Here's a picture of our little guy at 17 weeks, weighing in at a whopping 7 oz. I can't believe he's going to gain at least 7 pounds before he arrives.

12 comments:

Jayne said...

how fun to learn of what you are having,

his picture looks so cute!
this is just so exciting

Greg and Tammy said...

YEAH!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!! I think it makes it so much more real when you know the gender and can't start buying things you need!!! YEAH!!!

Doug and Bethany said...

Yay! Boys are the best! So happy for you guys!

Amy said...

Try babynamingwizard.com It will tell you how common names are and where they are the most common. Plus, if there are girls names you like, you can type them in and it can tell you what the names of siblings of someone with that name (which are usually in the same style of name). Good luck!

esther said...

Yay for little boys. I also use babynamingwizard.com it is a fun web site.

Amy said...

Wow!! Congratulations. That is exciting news. Boys are adorable!!!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations, Laura! Eldon and I could only think of girl names too. But I love all the brown and blue clothes that I've seen for little boys lately. It's going to be so fun!!

Meagan said...

Let's hear it for the boy!!! Congrats again.

Derek and Emily said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you! Little boys are so much fun!

denise said...

Laura, I am so happy for you! I hope to see you soon. Love, Denise (Ashley's mom Ü)

rsdarby said...

He looks like Joseph.

Messimoo said...

CONGRATS! Boys are so much fun! You will love having a Mommy's boy!