Sunday, June 14, 2009

We love you, Grandma

Joseph's grandmother passed away a couple of weeks ago and he got to go up to Washington for the funeral and to spend time with family. Unfortunately I could not attend because my brother got married on the same weekend. I didn't know Grandma Willis very well, but she came to our wedding three and a half years ago and I got to meet her.


One of my favorite things about Grandma Willis is that she had a Christmas Village collection (which was actually quite large). I remember seeing a piece that she gave to Joseph on fireplace mantle back when we were dating. I love Christmas and I think it is so neat that she was able to share that part of herself with her grandchildren, even while she was living.

Although it is always hard to lose a loved one we find great peace and comfort in the knowledge we have of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and eternal families.

No comments: